2008

Dear Jackson,*
As New Year's Eve nears, most everyone starts to toss around resolutions, summations, etc. The round-up shows begin to air and we all begin to reflect.
The other night, while I was talking to you about your day and making wishes for 2009, I thought of your year-end-review and it kind of blew my mind.
I started to think of your 2008 accomplishments, firsts and events. It made me realize how much you have changed in only 365 days.
You may have changed more this past year, then you probably ever will within a 12-month time period again.
In January - First scary chest x-ray
In February - First teeth
In July (22nd) -First steps
In August- First birthday cake, First time in a pool
In September - First miserable first-year-molar hell

Some of your 2008 accomplishments, events, developments and so forth were focused on learning how to use/control your own body.
In 2008, you learned how to:
become weaned
drink formula
eat
crawl
identify your family
sign
drink from a sippy cup
stand
hug/kiss
walk
turn out on/off the light
trust
feed yourself
carry things
talk
laugh
sit
tickle
zerbert
make others laugh
run
turn pages
point
color
do puzzles
make animal sounds
open presents
pretend
....and more.
2008 was a big year for you. I can't wait to see what you can do with 2009.
Love,
Mama

*While I hate to appear to be copying Dooce and her monthly letters to Leta, I must say her site has been quite an inspiration to me to start documenting Jackson's happenings blog-style. So this is not copying - it is a shout-out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace

Eli Fletcher Copley

Saturday