Bedtime Routine

Each night, when I tuck the boys in I tell them how much I love them, how they are good, smart, kind, funny boys.

The other night when putting Eli to bed I forgot my usual end of day speech and as I was close to the door Eli stopped me with:

But Mama! You forgot all the sweet stuff!

The sweet stuff?

Yeah, you know how I'm smart, funny, cute? You know.

                                                         -------------------------------

Just last night, Eric put Eli to bed. But he returned to the living room defeated and said that Eli still needed to see me.
So I went to his room and asked what was wrong. He peered up at me from under the covers with a look of absolute shock:

Mama, daddy didn't even do my songs or my compliments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace

Eli Fletcher Copley

Saturday